Store Research

Assembly Bill 1462 (Winton-1961)

Chapter 1526, Statutes of 1961

Some bill research does not include the Governor's file because at the time we researched the bill, the sitting Governor had not released his chaptered bill file. If the Governor's file is not included with this particular research, please contact our office (1-530-666-1917 or quote@legintent.com) and we will be happy to provide this file at no charge if it is available. Please Note: Governor files did not exist prior to 1943.

The Office of Legislative Counsel prepared a Report on Assembly Bill 1462 for the Governor which summarizes the provisions of the measure as follows:

Amends Sec. 10601, S. & H.C., re validation proceedings.

Deletes provision for special validation of Municipal Improvement Act of 1913 proceedings and provides for action to determine validity to be brought by the legislative body or by the contractor under uniform procedure in C.C.P.
(See Exhibit #3, document PE-4)

A Bill Memorandum prepared for the Governor by his Legislative Secretary contains the following information on Assembly Bill 1462:

This bill repeals the special provisions of the Municipal Improvement Act of 1913 relating to bond and other validation suits and substitutes in place thereof the general provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.

This is one of the series of bills designed to make uniform the law relating to such suits.
(See Exhibit #3, document PE-7)

The complete Legislative History Report and Analysis and documents with authenticating declaration expands upon the information above. In addition to available legislative file materials from the Assembly and Senate Committees, the author and the Governor, our research typically includes review for competitor and predecessor bills, interim reports, hearings, studies and other relevant background documentation unique to this legislation. To order a complete report, please contact us by e-mail at info@legintent.com, by faxing your request to (530) 668 5866, or by calling us toll free at 1-800-666-1917.